Proper use of fiber optic fusion splicer is important to reduce the fiber splice loss guarantee and key links, follow these steps:
1. There shall be strictly in accordance with instructions and operating procedures welding machine, welding machine proper operation.
2. Reasonable place fiber, the fiber is placed into the V-groove fusion splicer, action should be lightweight. This is because the core diameter of 10nm single-mode fiber, the splice loss to less than 0.1dB, the radial offset of the fiber axis is less than 0.8nm.
3. The fiber type is set correctly and reasonably welding parameters (pre-discharge current, time and the main discharge current, the main discharge time, etc.).
4. After use, and the use of welding machine should be promptly removed dust (especially clamps, each mirror and v-groove of dust and fiber Unqualified).
5. Electrical welding electrode life is generally about 2,000 times, using a long time after the electrodes will be oxidized, resulting in the discharge current is larger leaving the splice loss value increases. Then you can remove the electrodes, medical cotton wool dipped in alcohol to gently wipe and then loaded onto the welding machine, and discharge cleaning. If repeated washing After the discharge current is still too large, it shall replace the electrode.